What is Paradise Lost?
Paradise Lost is an epic poem in blank verse written by John Milton in 1667 and it concerns the biblical story of the fall of man, especially the role of Satan in it. The poem was considered controversial at the time because of how the role of Satan is displayed.
- Milton used a peculiar style with a unique use of the blank verse, which influenced various writers after him.
- The main theme is the rejection of God’s Laws.
- It deals with Satan’s rejection of God’s Law and Satan’s subsequent expulsion to Earth, where he seeks to ruin Man.
- Satan and Man were given everything beautiful and wonderful by God. They were also given “free moral choice”.
- Milton narrates the story of Adam and Eve’s disobedience, explains how and why it happens
- He tries to justify the ways of God to men
Better to reign in Hell than serve in HeavenSatan in Paradise Lost by Milton
This was Paradise Lost! 😉
We hope you have found this article useful.
If you have any questions or comments write them under here!